Paddle Day on Werribee River
Come for a try, or just come and explore the river – our Werribee River team will be there to help you connect to and protect the Werribee River and its waterways.
Bookings and pre-payment for kayak or paddle tour a must. This event is co-hosted with Paddle Victoria, experts in paddling instruction and safety, and kindly supported by Wyndham City Council. To book visit: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/paddle-day-on-werribee-river-tickets-482220744227
We are offering supervised sit on top kayak and canoe paddles for 45 minutes. Attendees need to arrive 15 mins before commencement time.
Each 45 minute tour of will have:
– 3 x double canoes – maximum capacity for two adults and one small child.
– 8 x single kayaks – maximum capacity for one adult or one child, upper primary level.
Note: a small child is 4-6 years. We have life jackets to fit children of these ages, not younger.
Please read carefully the suitability of the craft for yourself or family before booking. Safety is paramount and we do reserve the right to alter a booking if there are safety concerns.
About Riverbend Historical Park
The park is located on the Werribee River Trail and Heaths Road, Werribee. The park has a lovely outlook over the Werribee River, close to the weir and main irrigation channel that diverts water to the farms in Werribee South. A portable toilet will be hired for the event and available for use by participants. The park does includes public BBQ’s and some historical features. The Italian Social Club of Werribee is nearby for meals and other facilities.
Some sensible guidelines for those who are boating
1. Wear suitable footwear – old runners, beach shoes, but not thongs.
2. Be Sun Smart – 30+ sunscreen, long sleeved shirt and a hat.
3. Wear comfortable clothing that is suitable for getting in and out of a boat and for paddling.
4. You will get wet, so best to bring spare clothes and a towel. The sit on top kayaks have small holes in the bottom so water will get onto bottoms and legs.
5. Drink bottle – it can be thirsty work, so best to keep hydrated!
If you have any signs or symptoms of a cold, sore, throat, runny nose, fever, upset stomach, dry cough, loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath, please ensure you cancel your participation and stay home for the safety and wellbeing of other participants, and our volunteers and staff.
After booking we’ll send you some booking reminders and if you have any queries, please email email@example.com